EXPERIENCED PROJECT MANAGEMENT & EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT PROFESSIONAL
Accomplished professional with extensive managerial experience across a broad spectrum of businesses and technologies.
Skilled in all aspects of IT Governance and Delivery, creation/maturation of PMOs, Project, Program and Portfolio Management, Process Improvement and the implementation of Best Practices.
Three term VP of Technology for the Project Management Institute - South Florida chapter.
- Launch and continued maturity of two Program Management Offices encompassing standardized methodologies (waterfall and agile), unified reporting, performance metrics and governance
- Implementation and continuous improvement of internal procedures through IT policies and governance (including SOX, SSAE16 and SAS 70 Type II compliance)
- Complete redesign of (award-winning) Travel website
- IT build-out and launch of world's 3rd largest cruise ship - Quantum of the Seas
- Development and deployment of vacation-ownership software system in US, Europe and Asia
- Extensive co-location, disaster recovery and business continuity initiative
- Three term VP of Technology at Project Management Institute - South Florida chapter
- 2007 Innovator of the Year recognition by South Florida PMI
PMO Controller - Royal Caribbean (Contractor) - Miramar, FL. (Nov 2013 - Present)
Early member of new team established to provide oversight, standards, reporting and analysis within the PMO organization. Responsible for the development and maintenance of enterprise portfolio and project budgets/plans/resources including Infrastructure initiatives and the buildout/launch of new ships.
Work with IT Project Managers, Portfolio Managers, Resource Managers, and IT Finance Managers to provide insight into resource capacity/demand, tracking (schedule and budget), risks/issues, etc...
Program Manager - BenefitMall (formerly CompuPay). - Miramar, FL. (March 2007 to 2013)
In May 2012, CompuPay merged with BenefitMall (HQ in Dallas TX) and the shared vision of both companies to build out a full PMO became a reality.
Worked to identify strengths and weaknesses, developed a PMO charter, created templates and workflows, facilitated training sessions, etc.... Focus was on project request/initiation practices, standardized reporting across projects/programs and greater visibility into the entire portfolio.
Immediately shrank disjointed and disparate "IT wish-lists" into an organized project pipeline enabling greater resource management and ~15% increase in productivity.
Implemented (pre-merger) a formal approach to project planning, prioritization and approval. This ensured a reduction in total initiatives commencing and 15%-20% immediate increase in projects completing successfully. This became the foundation for project portfolio and governance activities and led to much greater insight into the overall progress, risk abatement and cost control of IT initiatives.
Facilitated the introduction of an agile/scrum approach to key areas of software development, while also implementing proactive risk management, standardized reporting and project closure processes to expedite perpetual improvement to the project lifecycle.
Managed a number of large scale projects including data center consolidation, implementation of enterprise tax solution and ongoing product backlog for payroll systems enhancements.
Successfully authored and implemented ITSM-centric policies, controls and best practices enabling the organization to attain SSAE16/SAS 70 type II compliance.
Sr Project Manager - Interval International - Miami, FL & Belfast,N. Ireland
- Miami, FL 1995 to March 2007
Led the initiative to establish a PMO and institute corporate wide (SOX compliant) procedures and best practices to facilitate prioritization, initiation, planning, execution, control and reporting of projects.
With the PMO established, the focus shifted to continued improvement and maturity through process refinement and the identification and implementation of best practices across all projects.
Worked to identify, lead and motivate enthusiastic teams which, when coupled with diligent monitoring and response to scope, budget and time variance from the baseline, is a key element to any projects success.
Adhering to best practices, I worked with project stakeholders and project managers to ensure requirements are assembled, deliverables and expectations set, risks identified, costs agreed to and work executed to a high standard.
- Belfast, N. Ireland 1991 to 1995 (Belfast organization was acquired by Interval in 2014)
As project lead, I led a team through the entire life cycle of designing, developing, testing and maintaining a Marketing and Sales software system for worldwide installation in vacation resorts.
I then directed numerous teams during system implementation in USA, Canada, Europe, Caribbean and Asia. This encompassed defining business needs, determining deliverables, assembling resources, application deployment, custom development (if applicable) and user training.
I was an integral part of the management team during company acquisition and subsequent office opening in USA.
CERTIFICATION & EDUCATION
SouthWest College, N. Ireland
Computer Science - Graduated 1991
Project Management Professional (PMP)
Project+ Certified Professional
SKILLS & PROFICIENCIES
- Traditional Waterfall and Agile Project Management methodologies and processes
- SharePoint administration and all MS Office products including MS Project
- Clarity and Changepoint (project and portfolio management system)
- ScrumWorks, Daptiv, Dovico Timesheets, etc...
- Programming experience with
- HTML, DOT-NETand PHP (web based apps)
- PowerBuilder, Visual Basic, Omnis, Informix 4GL (client based apps)
- QA/testing experience using Winrunner and Test Director
- Reporting and database catalogs using Cognos Business Intelligence reporting
- SQL experience with MySQL, Access, Oracle, Informix and proprietary systems
- Programming experience with